Baked apples are a classic way to use up seasonal Bramley apples. The addition of the crumble topping gives the soft, sweet apples a nice crunch. Spiced with cinnamon, this is a great combination of two childhood puds. Perfect served with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or splash of custard
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
Total time: 1 hr 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you don’t like raisins, try stuffing the apples with dried dates for an extra sticky sweet hit
- 6 eating apples, cored
- 50g sultanas
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 3tbsp plain flour
- 4tbsp demerara sugar
- 60g, hazlenuts
- 50g butter
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Put the apples into a baking dish.
- Mix together the sultanas and cinnamon and sprinkle into the apple holes. Pour a little cold water around the apples and bake for 30 minutes, until the skin is loose.
- Put the flour, sugar and hazlenuts into a food processor and whizz until the nuts are coarse. Add the butter and whizz again until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- When the apples are ready, sprinkle with the crumble mix, pressing down. Bake again for 30 minutes.
By Anna Berrill
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Party food face-off
What do you head for first on the buffet table? Sausage rolls or cheese straws?
61% 469 votes
39% 469 votes
This recipe has already been read 395 times!