This classic Italian dish of spaghetti carbonara is quick to make with the eggs and cream combining to make the carbonara sauce for the pasta.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- Child friendly
- Editor’s pick
How do you tell if the eggs for your spaghetti carbonara are really fresh? Follow this tip from Delia Smith
- 600g (1lb 6oz) spaghetti
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g (6oz) streaky bacon, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 200ml double cream
- 75g (3oz) grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic until they start to soften, usually about 5 mins.
- Add the bacon and fry until the bacon starts to brown.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and beat. Add the cream and Parmesan, beat and season with black pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and and add the onions, garlic and bacon. Pour over the carbonara sauce and return to the heat for 1-2 mins, stirring all the time.
- Serve your spaghetti carbonara immediately with a green salad and some garlic bread if you fancy it.
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
Are you planning on making food gifts for Christmas this year?
Thanks, your vote has been counted!
This recipe has already been read 75061 times!