Chocolate bread and toasted hazelnuts, preparation
1) In a bowl, dissolve the sourdough in 4 dl of warm water at about 30 °. In another bowl, sifted flour with cocoa, add the malt, the water with the sourdough, mix, cover and leave rest the dough for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
2) So you work the dough as in point 3 of the recipe on page 15. During the last folding step incorporated salt.
3) Meanwhile prepared the porridge stirring in a bowl the oat flakes with 120 g of warm water, the melted chocolate and the hazelnuts broken in the middle. Add gently porridge to the dough and make other folds until it has incorporated. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
4) Transfer the dough on the floured work surface, anoint yourself hands lightly with a little oil and gently spread the dough into a square shape without deflating it; folded up towards the center a corner of the pasta, proceed equally for all the other angles that gradually form, moving clockwise, until you have a rounded ball.
For the porridge: 50 g of 70% bitter chocolate – 35 g of oat flakes – 100 g of toasted hazelnuts
5) Turn it over in order to have the junctions downwards and let it rest for about 20 minutes. Then give a second round of folds like the previous one. Flour the leavening basket (see page 19), settle down the dough with the smooth side towards the bottom e let rise in a warm place until it has doubled in volume (about 2-3 hours).
6) Warm up the oven at 230 ° inserting you a 24 cm diameter cast iron cocotte with lid.
7) Transfer the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, practice 3-4 incisions with a razor blade, then, helping you with baking paper, put it inside the cocotte, cover And put it back in the oven.
8) Cook for 60 minutes, find out And finished cooking for another 5 minutes; the bread is ready when the crust is crisp. Remove from the oven e let it rest for about 10 minutes, then remove the bread from the cocotte, let it cool and serve.
The cocoa and hazelnut bread is perfect to accompany blue cheeses or fresh goat cheeses. But it is also excellent served with fresh butter whipped until it is white and fluffy with a little icing sugar, sprinkled with a sprinkling of cocoa, or with a ricotta made with sugar and rum or sugar and coffee.