If you love a Greek Salad, then you’ll love this sandwich. Crisp Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, feta cheese and red onion on ciabatta bread with a touch of oil and red wine vinegar.
Some of you have been asking me for more sandwich recipes to pack up for work, school or to eat on the road. This is a great sandwich, it’s meatless but has plenty of flavor from the olives and feta. You can even add some sun dried tomatoes.
Other sandwiches I love that don’t require heating up Egg Scallion and Tomato Sandwich, Tomato Roasted Pepper and Mozzarella Sandwich, Prosciutto Arugula and Balsamic Sandwich, Heirloom Tomato Sandwich, Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Avocado and Tomato, and my favorite… Roast Beef, Arugula and Shaved Parmesan. More sandwiches are coming soon, what are some of your favorite sandwiches?
Greek Salad Sandwich
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 sandwich • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
Calories: 291 • Fat: 8 g • Protein: 8.4 g • Carbs: 46 g • Fiber: 1.5 g • Sugar: 0.5 g
Sodium: 697 mg (without salt)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tbsp Kalamata olives, minced
- 4 thin slices red onion
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp crumbled feta
- 12 oz ciabatta bread, cut into 4 pieces
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
In a small bowl whisk red wine vinegar, and olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Add chopped olives and red onions set aside. I like to add the onions to the vinegar, this mellows out the sharpness of the onion, but completely optional.
Spread the olive mixture on 4 slices bread. Top with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and red onion; season with salt and pepper. Top with feta, close and cut sandwich in half.
- ^ Egg Scallion and Tomato Sandwich (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Tomato Roasted Pepper and Mozzarella Sandwich (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Prosciutto Arugula and Balsamic Sandwich (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Heirloom Tomato Sandwich, (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Avocado and Tomato (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Roast Beef, Arugula and Shaved Parmesan (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
This recipe has already been read 1591 times!