A quick and easy meal, perfect for Meatless Mondays! A combination of Shiitake, Baby Portabella and Cremini mushrooms with noodles in a light creamy sauce.
I played around with Mushroom Stroganoff a few times last week (until we were sick of it) for a Meatless Monday option. Now don’t get me wrong, I love Beef Stroganoff, so for me it was a challenge to get the flavor of the beef without using any meat as well as keeping it creamy yet light. The bonus of making it without the beef is that you can eat more for less calories and fat.
Using a variety of mushrooms gave nice textures and flavor and the Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste helped give me some of that beef flavor I was looking for. I love Ronzoni Smart Taste noodles, I think they have the best taste but No-yolk and Healthy Harvest are also good options.
As a kid, I always topped my Stroganoff with grated Parmesan cheese. This is completely optional, but I personally think it makes any noodle dish go from good to great. Hope you enjoy!
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
Calories: 268 • Fat: 3.5 g • Carbs: 52.5 g • Fiber: 7 g • Protein: 12.5 g • Sugar: 4.5 g
Sodium: 312 (without salt)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium vegetable broth (or beef if you’re a carnivore)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 5 oz sliced Cremini mushrooms
- 8 oz sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 3.5 oz Shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp white wine or sherry
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 8 oz uncooked noodles (Ronzoni Smart Taste, Healthy Harvest or No-Yolk)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
Meanwhile, while the water starts to boil for the noodles, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter over medium heat and add onions to the pan. Cook 2 – 3 minutes over medium-low heat.
Add flour; stir with a wooden spoon for 30 seconds. Gradually add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste, stirring constantly. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper; stir and cook 4-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
Add wine; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 30 seconds. Stir in sour cream; add noodles, mix well and garnish with parsley if desired.
This recipe has already been read 6733 times!
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay beef stroganoff
- beef stroganoff gordon ramsay
- beef stroganoff recipe gordon ramsay
- gordon ramsay beef stroganoff recipe
- gordon ramsay mushroom stroganoff
- gordon ramsay white sauce
- recipe for beef stroganoff gordon ramsay
- beef stroganoff ramsay
- chef ramsay beef stroganoff
- mushroom stroganoff gordon ramsay