Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Traditionally beef stroganoff is made with soured cream but in this dairy-free beef stroganoff we’ve used a non-dairy alternative to cream (there are several available made from oats or soya) and added a little lemon juice to give the slight sharpness of soured cream. Beef stroganoff is a quick dish to make using tender cuts of beef such as rump or sirloin steak. However to cut the cost you can use lean pork steaks instead and even lambs liver cut into strips is very tasty cooked this way. Served with boiled rice and a crisp green salad it makes a delicious speedy meal.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 500g rump or sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 175g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 250ml dairy-free oat or soya cream substitute
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp paprika
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Rice, to serve
For vegetarians omit the beef steak and serve the mushroom sauce with Quorn peppered steaks.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the strips of steak and fry over a high heat for 2 mins until browned. Remove from the pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reduce the heat, add the onion and cook for 3-4 mins until softened. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 mins, stirring occasionally. Pour in the cream and add the tomato puree, mustard and paprika. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and heat, stirring, until hot but not boiling.
- Return the beef to the pan and simmer for 2 mins to heat through. Season with lemon juice to taste and add a little boiling water from the kettle if the sauce is too thick. Serve with rice.
By Nichola Palmer
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twists and handy tips.
Login with Facebook to save this recipe and start building your online Recipe Book
Login with Facebook
Incoming search terms:
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/stroganoff
- Gordon Ramsay Sirloin Steak
- beef stroganoff recipe ramsay
- stroganoff recipe gordon ramsay
- stroganoff gordon ramsay
- stroganoff ramsay
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsey-top-sirloin-recipe
- best beef stroganoff recipe gordon ramsey
- ramsay stroganoff
- beef stroginoff gordon ramsy