The Tunafish balls It is a simple and delicious recipe. An excellent alternative to the classic meatloaf very tasty and prepared with a few easily available ingredients. It is a second practical dish that you can prepare in advance and keep in the refrigerator until lunch, you can serve it hot or cold, you can also decide to take it on a trip or in an office already cut into slices. It is suitable for everyone … the perfect recipe for children to eat fish!
There are more ways to cook the Tunafish balls, Salt and pepper in this recipe it is baked in the oven making it golden on the outside and soft on the inside. Tuna, boiled potatoes, parmesan, breadcrumbs are the main ingredients of the traditional dish but if you want to make it even more delicious, you just need to add capers, anchovies and olives as suggested in this appetizing Salt & Pepper target.
How to prepare tuna meatloaf, potatoes and anchovies
1) Lessa le potatoes in salted water for about 40 minutes. Scholale, let them cool, peel them and crush them with a fork, leaving some whole pieces; put them in a bowl and add the tuna chopped and drained from the preservation oil.
2) Add the aromatic mince (parsley, thyme), 30 g of grated Parmesan cheesethe salt and a sprinkling of pepper. Combine 1 tablespoon of bread crumbs and bind with 2 eggs; work the dough with dampened hands to mix all the ingredients well until the mixture is compact and homogeneous. If necessary, add more Parmesan.
3) With hands moistened give the mixture a cylindrical shape; gently pass the meatloaf obtained in the beaten egg and sprinkle it evenly with plenty of breadcrumbs. Finally, place it in one baking tin greased with 3 tablespoons ofextra virgin olive oil.
4) cook the Meatloaf in oven already hot a 180 ° for 30 minutes about. Turn it halfway through cooking with the help of 2 scoops, being careful not to break it. Bake and let the Tunafish balls, slice it and serve after flavoring it, if you like, with a generous grinding of pepper.
If you want to make your tuna meatloaf more appetizing
1) After having boiled, peeled and crushed the potatoes, put them in a bowl and add the capers, the aromatic mince (parsley, thyme), le black olives coarsely chopped and le anchovies chopped.
2) Drain the tuna from the preserving oil, mince it and add it to the potatoes. Add 30 g of grated Parmesan, 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs, a pinch of salt and bind with 2 eggs; work the dough with dampened hands to mix all the ingredients well until the mixture is compact and homogeneous. If necessary, add more Parmesan.
3) With your hands moistened, give the mixture a cylindrical shape; gently pass the meatloaf obtained in the beaten egg and sprinkle it evenly with plenty bread crumbs. Finally, place it in a baking pan greased with 3 tablespoons of oil and add the shallots cut into regular wedges.
4) Put the Tunafish balls in a preheated oven at 180 ° C and cook for about 30 minutes. Turn it halfway through cooking with the help of 2 scoops, be careful not to break it. Take it out of the oven, let it cool, slice it and serve after flavoring it with a generous grinding of pepper. It is also excellent cold, accompanied by some sauces.