I set out to make a great tasting grilled portobello mushroom burger that even a meat lover would love. The mushrooms are marinated then grilled and topped with melted Swiss Cheese, grilled red onion, tomatoes, spinach, and avocado – yum!!
The only thing my husband said would make these burgers better is adding bacon… maybe next time.
I wanted to give the mushrooms a meaty flavor, so I marinated them with balsamic, soy sauce and Montreal steak seasoning. These were so good, perfect for meatless Mondays or any night of the week.
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 loaded burger • Old Points: 6 • Weight Watcher Points+: 8 pt
Calories: 295 • Fat: 13 g • Carb: 31 g • Fiber: 11 g • Protein: 21 g • Sugar: 6 g
Sodium: 594 mg (without salt) • Cholest: 0 mg
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1-1/2 tsp steak seasoning like Montreal Steak Grill Mates
- 4 thick slices red onion
- 4 oz reduced fat Swiss, sliced thin (Alpine lace)
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thin
- baby spinach
- 4 whole wheat low calorie buns (I used Martin)
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, oil, rosemary, and Montreal steak seasoning. Place the mushroom caps in the bowl and toss with sauce, using a spoon to evenly coat. Let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes, turning a few times.
Heat the grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat. When hot, brush the grate with oil or lightly spray the grill pan. Place the mushrooms on the grill, reserving marinade for basting. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until tender, brushing with marinade frequently.
Top the mushrooms with cheese during the last minute of cooking. While the mushrooms cook, grill the onions about 1 minute on each side and grill the buns until toasted.
To finish, place the spinach and grilled portobello mushrooms on the buns and top with the grilled onions, sliced tomato and avocado.
Incoming search terms:
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/preparation/the-best-grilled-portobello-mushroom-burgers html
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/portobello-mushroom#:~:text=Heat the grill or indoor tender, brushing with marinade frequently
- gordon ramsay portabello mushrooms
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/montreal-steak-seasoning
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/portobello-mushroom
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-portobello-mushroom
- gordon ramsay mushroom burger
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/portobello-mushroom#:~:text=In a large bowl, whisk grill pan over medium heat
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-mushroom-burger
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/portobello-mushroom-burger