Oscar: dinner is vegan – Italian Cuisine

Oscar: dinner is vegan


At the Governor Ball, after the ceremony, vegan dishes will represent 70% of the proposals. Plastic bottles will also be banned from all Oscar-related events

After i Golden Globes and i Critics Choice Awards, even the Oscar they become vegan (or almost) and greener. At the annual Oscar Nominees Luncheon, the lunch on January 27 at the Ray Dolby Ballroom in Hollywood, dedicated to the candidates for the Academy Awards, the menu served was completely plant-based, 100% vegan. At the reception, which was attended, among others, by Florence Pugh, Brad Pitt and Renee Zellweger, vegan cheese, roasted maitake mushrooms, vegan bread, black rice, winter squash were served and, among the desserts, kumquat pavlova and macarons with coconut.

L'Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Science wants to engage more and more in the defense of the planet: "TheAcademy it is an organization of storytellers from all over the world and we owe our commitment to support the planet to our global membership. " And again: "In the past ten years, theAcademy is committed to reducing its carbon footprint. For the past seven, the Oscar show has had a zero carbon footprint. We continue to develop our sustainability plan with thefinal goal of becoming carbon neutral".

L'Academy confirmed that all foods served before the Oscar ceremony will be entirely plant-based, even if in the menu of Governors Ball post ceremony, which follows the Oscar's television broadcast, and which will be held on February 9 at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles, meat will still be served: the vegetable-based proposals reach 70% of the menu (which was half vegetarian until last year), but the remaining 30% include fish, meat or dairy products and eggs. All food will be of responsible origin and sustainably grown. Furthermore, banned completely plastic bottles from all events related to Oscar.

It was Joaquin Phoenix who made himself the first spokesman for a sustainable turn, asking for a Golden Globe vegan menu. But even Natalie Portman has long been a supporter of the vegan choice. And Russel Crowe sent a dramatic message on environmental catastrophes, which was read to Golden Globes by Jennifer Aniston.

This recipe has already been read 23 times!

Proudly powered by WordPress