Chunks of lean pork, slow cooked in the crock pot with tomatoes, green chiles and jalapeño for a delicious weeknight meal with a little bit of heat!
Serve this with tortillas, or over brown rice with a little light sour cream and a slice of avocado if you wish and you’ll have a delicious meal.
This recipe is really so versatile – you can add more broth if you
want more liquid, you can also add tomatillos, cilantro, and make it
your own. For speed and convenience I used canned green chiles and
jalapeno, but you can certainly use fresh and roast your own. This has a little bit of kick, but you can certainly turn it up by adding more jalapeños or chile powder.
I bought a boneless loin roast and trimmed quite a bit of the fat off before cooking, so keep it in mind that you’ll lose some meat. I
like to brown the meat before adding it to the crock pot for best
results and add a little flour to pork as it browns
before adding it to the crock pot so that it thickens a bit. If you have gluten allergies, you can
skip this step. If you don’t have time to brown your meat no worries, it
will still work out fine. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Pork and Green Chile Stew
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: little over 3/4 cup • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 253 • Fat: 9 g • Carbs: 5.5 g • Fiber: 0.5 g • Protein: 33 g • Sugar: 1.5 g
Sodium: 836 mg (without salt)
- 2 lbs* boneless pork loin roast, lean, all fat trimmed off
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 2 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cans (4.25 oz each) whole green chiles, sliced into thick rounds
- 2 tbsp chopped jalapeño, or more to taste
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies (Ro*Tel Mild)
- 1/2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Cut pork into 2-inch pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat a large non-stick skillet on high heat; when hot lightly spray the pan with oil and brown the pork over medium heat on all sides, about 3 – 4 minutes total. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of flour over pork and stir to cook 30 seconds, sprinkle remaining flour over pork and cook an additional 30 seconds.
Add browned pork to the crock pot, along with the remaining ingredients.
Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 houts (if using a Dutch oven, cook on low heat for 3-4 hours). When done, adjust season, salt and pepper to taste if needed.
Makes about 5 cups.
*Weight after all fat is trimmed.
This recipe has already been read 1197 times!
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay crock pot recipes
- Gordon ramsay roast pork
- gordon ramsay pork roast
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-pulled-pork-in-a-crock-pot
- slow cooked aubergine gordon ramsay
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-crock-pot-chili-recipe
- Does Gordon ram say use a crock pot
- Slow cooker pulled pork Gordon Ramsay
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/preparation/slow-cooker-pork-and-green-chile-stew html