What could be better then chicken stuffed with ham and melted cheese?!
Chicken Cordon Bleu is elegant enough to serve for for company yet simple enough to please any palate, especially picky family members. I usually serve myself two pieces and make a big salad and dinner’s done!
Some of you may notice this recipe from the archives, I gave them a mini-makeover and made them simpler and lighter, so throw away your old print-outs and print this out instead.
Previously my instructions called for cutting the chicken breasts yourself. So many of you had a hard time doing this, so I re-worked it with pre-sliced chicken cutlets instead. If you’re a pro at slicing your own chicken, then go ahead and do it yourself – you will cut the cost in half.
I also eliminated the toothpicks, which saves time and quite honestly works fine without. A little cheese may ooze out, but that’s ok! If you want to use the toothpicks, up to you but it’s so much quicker without.
Traditionally when ordered in a restaurant, this dish is fried. Baking them works just fine and no one will noticed you used reduced fat Swiss. Enjoy!
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 2 pieces • Old Pts: 8 pts • Weight Watchers Points+: 8
Calories: 378 • Fat: 10 g • Protein: 55 g • Carbs: 8 g • Fiber: 0.5 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 813 mg (without salt)
- cooking spray
- 12 thin sliced (36 oz total) skinless boneless chicken breasts, 3 oz each
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 5 oz (6 slices) thinly sliced lean deli ham, sliced in half
- 6 slices (4.4 oz) Sargento reduced fat Swiss cheese, cut in half
Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
Wash and dry the chicken cutlets; lightly pound the chicken to make thinner and lightly season with salt and black pepper.
Lay the chicken on a working surface and place a slice of ham on top of the chicken, then the cheese and roll, setting them aside seam side down.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites along with water to make an egg wash.
In another medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
Dip the chicken into the egg wash, then into the breadcrumbs.
Place chicken onto the baking sheet seem side down. Spray the top of the chicken with more cooking spray and bake about 25 minutes, or until until cooked.
Incoming search terms:
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/ramsay-chicken-cordon-blue
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/chicken-cordon-bleu
- chicken cordon bleu ramsay
- chicken cordon bleu ransey
- gordon ramsay cordon blue
- gordon ramsay chicken cordon blue
- gordon ramsey chicken gordon bleu
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/swiss-cheese