This warming, low-fat pumpkin soup recipe is perfect for Halloween – especially when it’s served with breadstick broomsticks!
To spice up your pumpkin soup, crumble in a pinch of dried chilli when you’re cooking the onion.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 700g (1lb 6oz) pumpkin flesh, roughly chopped (can use butternut squash instead)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1.2 ltrs (2pts) water or vegetable stock
- 200ml (7fl oz) soya light alternative to milk
- 4tbsp soya alternative to cream
For the ‘broomsticks’
- 4 part-baked breadsticks
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the pumpkin and sweet potato and cook for a couple of mins, then add the water or stock. Season with salt and ground black pepper, cover and bring to the boil, then simmer for 25 mins until the pumpkin and sweet potato are really tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. Cut the bread in half lengthways, then make several cuts one third of the way up the length to look like broom bristles. Repeat with the other bread, put onto a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 5-8 mins until golden.
- Stir the soya light into the soup, whiz everything together in blender or processor in batches until smooth. Return to the pan and gently warm through. Pour into bowls and finish with a swirl of soya alternative to cream.
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
Halloween recipes face-off
Trick or treat? Which of these spooky recipes do you prefer? We’ve got 15 Halloween face-offs, click through each to vote. Halloween cupcakes or spider’s web whoopie pies?
Spider’s web whoopie pies
Or would you rather make an inventive whoopee pie?
Make the recipe now
57% 1306 votes
43% 1306 votes
This recipe has already been read 1711 times!
Incoming search terms:
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-pumpkin-soup
- gordon ramsay pumpkin soup recipe
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/chili-and-pumpkin-soup-gordon-ramsay
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/preparation/pumpkin-soup html
- gordon ramsay pumpkin mushroom soup
- gordon ramsey pumpkin soup
- pumpkin soup recipe gordon ramsay