This is so simple to make and very easy to vary according to your families likes and dislikes. Add flaked coconut instead of almonds, vary the seeds, and add whatever dried fruits and berries your family enjoy. Granola makes a healthy breakfast dish with yogurt and fresh fruit or sprinkle it over cooked fruit such as apples, plums or rhubarb for a quick desert.
Makes: 10 servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
plus cooling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Instead of honey you can also use maple syrup or golden syrup or a mixture of the two.
- 300g jumbo rolled oats
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 4tbsp honey
- 75g shelled almonds
- 75g shelled hazelnuts
- 75g walnut or pecan halves
- 25g sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 100g dried fruits such as dried pineapple, mango, raisins
- Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Place the oats in a large bowl and add the oil and honey. Mix well then stir in the remaining ingredients. Spread out on a large non-stick baking tray and bake for 20 – 25 mins, turning once or twice so that the mixture browns evenly. Leave to cool completely when it will crisp up.
- Add the dried fruits. Scoop into an airtight jar and store for up to 1 month. Serve with milk or yogurt and fresh fruit.
By Nichola Palmer
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
Party food face-off
What do you head for first on the buffet table? Sausage rolls or cheese straws?
60% 531 votes
40% 531 votes
This recipe has already been read 2270 times!