This wonderful looking Sea Bass dish was prepared by Gordon Ramsay on his hit show The F Word. Read through my estimated ingredients quantities and instructions, then feel free to watch the video at the end to get a clearer idea of how to prepare this delightful meal.
- Filet of Sea Bass
- Bell Pepper – 1 large red and 1 large yellow, or several of both
- Shallots – 3
- Star Anise – 3
- White Wine Vinegar – 1 1/2 Tbs
- Vermouth – 2 Tbs
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Thyme Sprig leaves
- Fresh Basil – 1 very large sprig, or two smaller ones
Directions for the Sauce:
Julienne the bell pepper, do the same with the shallots. Heat olive oil in a hot pan, then add the peppers and shallots, add star anise and a pinch of salt. Stir well and cook for several minutes until the peppers are beginning to soften up. Add the basil whole, and pour in the white wine vinegar and vermouth. Reduce for several minutes over moderate heat until liquid is mostly absorbed. Add enough water to the pan to cover the peppers half way. Bring to a boil and simmer until liquid is about half gone. Carefully add all of the ingredients to a blender and liquify. Be sure to hold the lid on the blender. Many of my readers discovered when making another Chef Ramsay dish which required a blender that it’s helpful to hold the lid on with a dry towel (no burns, no messes).
Directions for the Fish:
Lay the fish on a cutting board skin side up. Score the fish every half inch along the length of the filet. Add salt and thyme leaves to the inside of each score, then drizzle with olive oil. You can now lovingly hold and caress the filet in your hands if you’re as crazy as Chef Ramsay about food, if not, you can skip the caressing (see the video if you want to know what I mean, that man loves food!).
Heat olive oil in a hot pan and add the fish, skin side down. Hold the fish down with your fingers for 30 seconds to prevent curling. Ninety percent of the cooking will take place with the skin side down. Watch the fish and turn it when most of the meat has turned a bright white. Finish up cooking and remove from heat.
Pour the sauce onto a plate with a large enough lip to hold the sauce – fill the bottom of the plate. Add cooked Sea Bass, skin side up. Drizzle olive into the sauce circling the fish. DONE.
This recipe has already been read 7021 times!
Incoming search terms:
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-pepper-sauce
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/chilean-sea-bass-recipe-gordon-ramsay
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsey-cheese-sauce
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/preparation/gordon-ramsays-sea-bass-with-pepper-sauce html
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-sea-bass-vermouth-fword
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-pepper-sauce#:~:text=Heat olive oil in a white wine vinegar and vermouth
- gordon ramsay bechamel
- Gordon Ramsays Sea Bass Pepper Sauce
- gordon ramsay pepper sauce
- white sauce recipe gordon ramsay