- 100g (3 1/2oz) plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 75g (2 1/2 oz) butter, cut into cubes
- 3 medium eggs, whisked
- 200ml (7 floz) water
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Melt the butter with the water, bring to the boil, then remove from the heat.
- Tip in all the flour and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- Return pan to the heat and beat until a smooth, dry ball forms, which leaves the sides of the pan clean. Remove from heat and cool.
- Gradually beat in the eggs, using a hand-held electric mixer. The paste is now ready to use.
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
Halloween recipes face-off
Trick or treat? Which of these spooky recipes do you prefer? We’ve got 15 Halloween face-offs, click through each to vote. Halloween cupcakes or spider’s web whoopie pies?
Spider’s web whoopie pies
Or would you rather make an inventive whoopee pie?
Make the recipe now
56% 1124 votes
44% 1124 votes
This recipe has already been read 1756 times!