Spooked at the thought of all the Halloween temptations we are about to experience at the scariest season of the year?
Well you need not fear – these Spooky Spider Cupcakes are lighter on the waistline, and are sure to be all the fright at your next Halloween party.
The cupcakes themselves are made with just THREE ingredients: boxed cake mix, canned pumpkin and WATER! The topping is a chocolate glaze, just a smear – just enough to help the sprinkles and eyeballs adhere to the cupcake.
And the verdict in my house, everyone thought they were SPOOK-tacular!
If you follow my Facebook Fan Page and suddenly stopped seeing my posts, here’s why: Facebook made changes to get people to pay to promote their posts.
Easy fix, to continue seeing my recipes on Facebook, go to the top of my fan page and under “Liked” click “Add
to Interest List” and you will continue to see all my posts. Please share that info!
Spooky Spider Cupcakes
Servings: 18 • Size: 1 cupcake • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4*
Calories: 139.5 • Fat: 3.5 g • Carb: 26 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 1.5 g • Sugar: 17 g
Sodium: 291 mg
- 16.5 oz Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake mix
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 3/4 + 2 tbsp cup water
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp 1% milk, plus 1 tsp if needed
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the toppings:
- 6 tbsp chocolate sprinkles
- black string licorice, cut into 2 inch strips (Wilton)
- Wilton eyeball candy
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cupcake tin with 18 cupcake liners.
Combine pumpkin puree and water in a large bowl; mix to combine. Add chocolate cake mix and beat 2 minutes. (Be sure the cake mix is 16.5 oz or you’ll have to adjust the other ingredients)
Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
For the glaze combine all dry ingredients, add vanilla and 1 tbsp milk, adding 1/4 tsp more at a time if needed until smooth.
Place sprinkles in a bowl.
a spatula or butter knife, spread just under 1 tsp of the glaze over
the cupcake, then quickly dip into the bowl of sprinkles. Quickly add
eyes before glaze dries.
To add legs, poke holes with a bamboo stick, then insert. Can be made the night before. Makes 18.
*Nutritional info includes everything except eyes and legs.
- ^ Facebook Fan Page (www.facebook.com)
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay chocolate cake
- gordon ramsay fudge recipe
- gordon ramsay chocolate fudge cake
- gordon ramsay cupcake
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-vanilla-fudge-recipe
- chef ramsay homemade chocolate frosting
- gordan ramsay fudge
- fudge recipe gordon ramsay
- chocolate fudge recipe ramsay
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsey-fudge-recipe