The perfect light summer salad, made with sweet summer corn, grape tomatoes, garden herbs and chilled steamed lobster. Serve this for two as a main dish salad or for four as a first course as pictured here.
I revived this one from the archives since this is the perfect time of year to make it. August is a great time to buy lobster here on Long Island,
I can usually get great specials from my local Lobster farm. And the
best part about buying my lobster from a lobster farm is that they also
steam it for me at no extra cost. It’s not that I can’t cook my own
lobster, it’s just that if given the choice, I’d rather not. If you
don’t have that luxury, here is a great video from Fine Cooking that shows you how to do it.
Swap It Tip: If you don’t live near the coast and don’t have access to live lobster, you could use lump crab meat, cooked shrimp or even imitation crab instead.
Chilled Lobster Salad with Sweet Summer Corn and Tomatoes
Servings: 2 as main course • Size: 1/2 of recipe • Old Points: 7 pts • Points+: 9 pts
Calories: 349 • Fat: 10.4 g • Protein: 39 g • Carb: 25.5 g • Fiber: 3.7 g • Sugar: 3.5 g
Sodium: 668 mg (without salt)
- 2 medium ears of corn
- 12 oz cooked, chilled lobster meat (yield from 2 – 1-1/2 lb lobsters)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 4 tsp olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried
Cook corn in boiling water for about 4-5 minutes; set aside to cool. Cut kernels of the husk and place in a large bowl.
Chop chilled lobster meat from tails and claws into large bite sized chunks; add to the bowl. Add tomatoes, chives, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste; toss to combine,
Place lettuce leaves on two plates. Top each plate with lobster salad and enjoy!
- ^ Fine Cooking (www.finecooking.com)
Incoming search terms:
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-lobster-roll-recipe
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-lobster-recipe
- Lobster salad Gordon Ramsay
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-lobster-tail
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/preparation/chilled-lobster-salad-with-sweet-summer-corn-and-tomatoes html
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/lump-crab-meat