I LOVE fried rice, and often make my own fried rice at home with brown rice which is delicious. But sometimes when I want to cut down on my carbs, I opt for cauliflower rice.
I posted this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower “Rice” a while back, and it was a huge hit. So I decided to play around with that recipe and make this Asian version to go with the Orange Chicken I posted yesterday, and my husband (who detests cauliflower) was pretty amazed how the meal turned out. The portions are generous and you get a serving or two of vegetables into your diet.
If you like this, you may also like:
Cauliflower “Fried Rice”
Servings: 4 • Size: heaping 1 1/3 cups • Old Points: 2 pt • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 108 • Fat: 3 g • Carbs: 14 • Fiber: 6 • Protein: 9 g • Sugar: 1
Sodium: 868 mg • Cholesterol: 47 mg
- 1 medium head (about 24 oz) cauliflower, rinsed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt
- cooking spray
- 1/2 small onion, diced fine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 scallions, diced, whites and greens separated
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, or more to taste (Tamari for Gluten Free)
Remove the core and let the cauliflower dry completely. Coarsely chop into florets, then place half of the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
Combine egg and egg whites in a small bowl and beat with a fork. Season with salt.
Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium heat and spray with oil. Add the eggs and cook, turning a few times until set; set aside.
Add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, peas and carrots and garlic about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.
Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the cauliflower “rice” to the saute pan along with soy sauce. Mix, cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. Add the egg then remove from heat and mix in scallion greens.
- ^ Cilantro Lime Cauliflower “Rice” (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Orange Chicken (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Brown Fried Rice (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Asian Edamame Fried Rice (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
This recipe has already been read 416 times!