This dish is a riot of colour, texture and flavours. The salad-style topping is an ideal way to liven up a bowl of plain pasta. Serve the salad on the side if preferred.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 3 mins
Total time: 23 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Cold pressed rapeseed oil is a rich golden colour and has a nutty, earthy taste; ideal for salad dressings. If preferred, use extra virgin olive oil.
- Put the chickpeas, onion, carrot, raisins, tomato and salad leaves in a bowl. Mix gently together, cover and chill until required.
- Mix 3tbsp oil with the carrot juice and season well. Set aside.
- Just before serving, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti for 2-3 mins until just tender. Drain well, leave for 5 mins then return to the saucepan and toss in the remaining oil.
- To serve, pile the pasta into serving bowls and pile the salad on top. Sprinkle with the cheese. Mix the dressing and serve with the salad whilst the pasta is still warm.
By Kathryn Hawkins
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
What’s your budget to spend on food and drink for Christmas this year?
- £151+ 24%
- £101-£150 16%
- £71-£100 12%
- £51-£70 9%
- £31-£50 11%
- Less than £30 10%
- I don’t know yet 6%
- I’m not setting a budget 12%
Thanks, your vote has been counted!
Incoming search terms:
- lorraine pascale sprouts chorizo
- lorraine pascale brussels chorizo
- lorraine pascale brussel sprouts recipe
- gordon ramsay spaghetti sauce
- lorraine pascale christmas carrots
- gordon ramsay salad dressing
- lorraine pascale brussel sprouts chorizo recipe
- lorraine pascale brussel sprouts chorizo
- lorraine pascale sprouts
- lorraine pascale brussel sprouts chestnuts