Also called “hole of Noël“, The log of Christmas it is a Christmas dessert particularly popular in Northern European countries and considered a classic of French pastry making and now much loved in Italy too. An ever-present and constantly evolving dessert. Delicious and refined, it always welcomes new tastes thanks to the various fillings that make it a convivial dessert, so much so that it can be appreciated and enjoyed with friends and relatives in a joyful festive atmosphere. The Yule log is an easy recipe, but the preparation requires delicacy and precision. I am ready to reveal the original recipe and some fundamental secrets for the success of a Yule log with ai jam berries and dark chocolate ganache. A sweet surprise for your guests!
The recipe for the Christmas log
For the base
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 210 g of granulated sugar
- 160 g of 00 flour
For the chocolate ganache for the filling
For the chocolate ganache for decoration
- 200 g of fresh liquid cream
- 300 g of dark chocolate
For the base
- Separate the yolks from the whites and place them in two separate containers. Using an electric whisk, whip the egg whites until stiff.
- In the same way, whip the egg yolks with 160 g of sugar, poured in small doses. We will use the remaining part at the end of cooking.
- Using a spatula, incorporate the egg whites into the mixture, making movements from top to bottom, which are essential to avoid breaking down the dough. Add the sifted flour and mix slowly.
This recipe has already been read 56 times!