I grew up with avocados in my home way before they became popular here in the States, and squeeze them into my diet every chance I can. Avocados are a regular part of a South American diet, and my mom always served them along side a hearty bowl of hot soup or rice and beans.
Avocados are also good for you, loaded with heart-healthy fats and antioxidants. According to Bodybuilding.com, avocados are listed as one of the 15 Best Fat Burning Foods. I’d love to tell you I buy them for all those reasons, but quite frankly we just love them. In fact, I created an entire Pinterest Board in it’s honor!
Just under 250 calories and for those of you on Weight Watchers, 6 points plus.
Open Faced Tuna Sandwich with Avocado
Servings: 3 • Serving Size: 1 sandwich • Old Pts: 5 pts • WW Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 247 • Fat: 8 g • Carb: 28 g • Fiber: 6 g • Protein: 18 g • Sugar: 3 g
Sodium: 384.5 mg (without salt)
- 5 oz can albacore tuna (in water), drained
- 1/4 cup carrots, minced
- 1/4 cup celery, minced
- 1 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 tbsp Hellman’s Light mayonnaise (or greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 slices multi-grain bread, toasted
- 6 thin slices tomato
- 3 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 medium haas avocado, thinly sliced
- 0.5 oz alfalfa sprouts
Combine tuna with minced carrots, celery, red onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Place lettuce on toasted bread. Top with tomato, tuna, avocado and alfalfa sprouts.
- ^ Bodybuilding.com (bodybuilding.com)
- ^ Pinterest Board (pinterest.com)
This recipe has already been read 4607 times!
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay tuna sandwich
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsey-tuna-sandwich
- tuna salad sandwich Gordon ransy
- Gordon Ramsay tuna salad
- gordon ramsay fish sandwich recipe
- michelin tuna salad classic saNdwich
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-tuna-salad
- gordon ramsey tuna sandwich recipe
- gordon ramsey tuna salad
- Gordon ramsey tuna fish