These creamy popsicles are a real treat! Made with just 4 ingredients – nutrient dense avocados, coconut-almond milk, raw sugar and sweetened coconut flakes. They are also dairy-free, vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free.
It’s no secret, I’m pretty avocado obsessed! I grew up eating avocados all my life and I usually incorporate them into a meal just about every day! In fact, I love them so much I created an entire Pinterest Board devoted to avocados. But I usually eat them in some type of savory dish such as guacamole, BLT, egg salad, in my salad dressings, with my soups and more.
But the fact is, in Brazil where my Dad lived for many years, avocados were never eaten with salt; instead they were treated as the fruit that they are and were often sweetened with sugar. My dad used to make a smoothie years ago with avocados, milk and sugar which he called Vitamina. Because I love coconut, I took his smoothie idea and added coconut flakes and loved it! And since avocados are so nutrient dense, you’re also getting a good dose of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals to boot!
Avocado Coconut Popsicles
Servings: 10 • Size: 1 pop • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pts
Calories: 84 • Fat: 5 g • Carb: 11 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 1 g • Sugar: 9 g
Sodium: 30 mg • Cholesterol: 0 mg
- 4 oz haas avocado (from 1 medium)
- 2 1/3 cups unsweetened Almond Breeze Almond Coconut milk
- 6 tbsp raw sugar (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes (Baker’s)
Combine the avocado, milk and sugar in the blender and mix until smooth. Add the coconut flakes and mix to incorporate. Pour into the popsicle mold and freeze.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze.
I only share products I use in my own kitchen. I created this recipe and received compensation to do
- ^ Pinterest Board (www.pinterest.com)
- ^ guacamole (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ BLT (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ egg salad (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ salad dressings (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ my soups (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Almond Breeze Almond Coconut milk (almondbreeze.com)
- ^ Blue Diamond Almond Breeze (almondbreeze.com)