My love of cabbage rolls is deep and unconditional. I almost
always make the same version, based on my Aunt Angela’s famous recipe, but once
in a while, just for the hell of it, I’ll use lamb instead of beef.
I love lamb
burgers and lamb meatballs, so it’s no surprise that I love lamb-stuffed
cabbage rolls, and I’m happy to report that these particular “lambage” rolls
were the best non-beef version yet!
to frequent, which served a lamb meatball stewed with tomatoes and spices, and
served over a rice pilaf studded with almonds and currants. I really loved that
dish and tried to incorporate those elements into these cabbage rolls.
I loved the results. Big, bold flavors, yet not too heavy,
and like all cabbage rolls, these were very, very comforting. I used a pretty
lean grind for the lamb, but ideally the butcher will give you something close
to a 80/20 lean-to-fat ratio.
usual I’ll ignore most of the “can I leave out the [insert delicious, totally
necessary ingredient here]” questions. You are the boss of your cabbage rolls,
so act like it. Anyway, I hope you share my love of cabbage rolls, and if you
do, I really hope you give this version a try. Enjoy!
4 cloves garlic, crushed
This recipe has already been read 1257 times!
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay cabbage rolls
- gordon ramsay red cabbage recipe
- gordon ramsay red cabbage christmas
- gordon ramsay stuffed cabbage
- gordon ramsay rice recipes
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-cabbage-roll
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordan-foods-frozen-stuffed-cabbage
- ground lamb recipe Gordon Ramsay
- gordon ramsey cabbage roll recipe
- cabbage rolls ramsay