Basil sorbet is a fresh and light idea to surprise your guests
Basil sorbet is the green alternative to the classic lemon sorbet. It can be served at the end of a meal or even halfway to switch from one course to another and is ideal for cleaning the mouth and stimulating digestion.
The basil sorbet
The sorbet has a different consistency, is more dense and similar to an ice cream and less watery, but the ingredients are the same. The process only changes a little because everything is blended with an immersion blender instead of mixed. If you want to make the sorbet softer you can add a whipped egg white and the result will be very similar to a fruit ice cream.
The recipe for granita
Basil granita is made with fresh basil leaves. Choose small and soft (a bunch will suffice) and cook them in a saucepan with 100 gr of sugar and a little water. When the sugar is completely dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and add 250 ml of white wine. Let the mixture cool for 12 hours and then remove the leaves and add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and a few finely chopped basil leaves.
Pour everything into a freezer container and leave to cool for about three hours, stirring every 30 minutes with a spoon to keep the mixture creamy.
This recipe has already been read 6381 times!
Incoming search terms:
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/recipes-of-italian-cuisine/basil-sorbet-how-to-prepare-and-serve-it-italian-cuisine html
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/lemon-basil-granita-gordon-ramsay
- basil sorbet gordon ramsay
- lemon basil granita gordon ramsay
- badil sorbet recipe
- basil sorbet recipe
- Gordon ramsy gelato lemon basil
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/basil-sorbet-gordon-ramsay
- ice cream gordon ramsay basil