- 500g lamb mince
- 8-12 mint leaves
- 50g feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten, for glazing
Use beef mince instead of lamb and fill with cooked bacon and grated Cheddar instead of feta and mint.
- Divide the mince into four equal-sized balls.
- Take two cooking rings and press two of the balls into each ring to make a pattie.
- Layer the mint, garlic and feta on the top of the first pattie, then put the second pattie on top.
- Divide the pastry into four rectangles. Flour a surface and roll out to 0.5cm thick.
- Remove the pattie ‘sandwiches’ from the rings and lay each on a rolled out sheet of pastry. Bring all the sides together to form a parcel.
- Lay out another sheet of pastry and repeat the wrapping to ensure the lamb burger is completely sealed.
- Brush with beaten egg and add a grind of pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 and cook the Wellingtons for 40-45 mins.
By Keith Kendrick
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twist and handy tips.
This recipe has already been read 531 times!