These classic chocolate brownies are made extra-special with a delicious choccie glaze. They can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days
US Cup Converter
Make sense of our US recipes by converting the cup measurements below…
- Add the butter and chocolate to a medium pan over low heat. Stir frequently until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, flour and walnuts until well blended.
- Spread the batter evenly in a buttered and floured 8in square baking pan.
- Bake at 180°C/160°C fan/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 25 to 30 minutes until the edges feel firm to the touch and begin to turn a shade darker.
- Meanwhile, make the chooclate glaze. In a small pan, stir the whipping cream and chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Run a knife between the pan rim and the brownie. If desired, spread with the chocolate glaze. Allow to cool in the pan on a rack for about 1 hour. Cut into 9 or 16 squares.
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 195(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 5.8g
- Salt 0.1g
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
Are you planning on making food gifts for Christmas this year?
Thanks, your vote has been counted!
This recipe has already been read 761 times!