Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Thick slices of bread dipped in a cinnamon spiced batter, fried in butter until golden and served with a delicious warm chocolate-flavoured maple syrup this is the ultimate sweet treat for breakfast or brunch. Use a chunky farmhouse loaf and make sure the slices are quite thick – if they’re too thin the bread will soak up too much of the batter and go a bit mushy. Slices of sweetened brioche bread can be used instead of white bread but omit the sugar from the batter. For a lighter dish serve the toast with natural yoghurt instead of chocolate syrup.
- 2 eggs
- 150ml milk
- 25g caster sugar
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 25g butter
- 4 thick slices white bread
- 6tbsp maple syrup
- 50g plain chocolate, grated
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
Scatter over a handful of blueberries, raspberries or sliced strawberries instead of the sliced bananas, if liked.
- Place the eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk together thoroughly. Whisk in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip the slices of bread in the egg mixture making sure they are completely coated. Heat a large knob of butter in a heavy-based frying pan until foaming and add the soaked bread slices. Fry for 1-2mins on each side until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place the maple syrup and chocolate in a small and heat gently, stirring, until the chocolate has melted into the syrup.
- Serve the French toast topped with the sliced bananas and drizzled with the warm chocolate syrup.
By Nichola Palmer
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twist and handy tips.
This recipe has already been read 7061 times!
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay french toast
- french toast gordon ramsay
- gordon ramsay french toast recipe
- french toast recipe gordon ramsay
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsays-french-toast
- gordon ramsey french toast
- ramsay french toast
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsays-french-toast#:~:text=Place the eggs and milk add the soaked bread slices
- french toast gordon ramsay recipe
- french toast ramsay