Use the same method of velveting with pork and beef for stir-fries
- Mix the egg whites and cornflour together to make a smooth paste, then add the lemon and chilli, salt and pepper. Add the chicken and make sure it is coated all over. Set aside.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boiling and cook the pasta according to packet instructions, approx. 8-9 mins until the pasta is al dente.
- In a small saucepan, add the double cream, drained juices from the chicken marinade and half the chopped sage leaves. Gently heat. If it’s too thick, add a couple of spoonfuls of pasta water.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil until hot and carefully add the chicken. Cook for 3-4 mins each side until cooked through and golden. Don’t overcook.
- Drain the pasta and add to the cream mixture.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the chicken from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- Pile the pasta onto plates, then add the chicken and garnish with the rest of the sage.
By Keith Kendrick
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twist and handy tips.
This recipe has already been read 371 times!