Getting your family to eat their veggies can often be difficult. Well these kid-friendly zucchini tots are the perfect solution! They make a great side for breakfast or dinner!
I shared this recipe a few years ago, and we all loved them, but the only issue was I made them in a mini muffin tin, and they stuck to the pan. Here’s a photo of them as mini muffins…
Then last year I made these cauliflower tots and baked them on a baking sheet and they were perfect. So last night I decided to try it out with this recipe, and the results were zucchini tot perfection – no more sticking to the pan!
I also like how they got a little crisp on the edges – so good! My husband LOVED these, and he’s pretty particular when it comes to eating zucchini. One advice is to be sure to squeeze as much water out of the shredded zucchini, I just used paper towels. Some moisture will still remain, but they will turn out just fine.
I have tons of zucchini recipes here on Skinnytaste, so many I created an entire Pinterest board called Yummy Zucchini devoted to it. A few of my favorites are Zucchini Enchiladas (perfect for meatless Mondays), Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini and Mozzarella, Zucchini Pizza Bites and one of my summer favorite’s – Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats. For breakfast you can try this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread, even the pickiest of kids will enjoy them!
adapted from The Two Bite Club
Servings: 3 Serving Size: 4 tots • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 108 • Fat: 4.3 g • Protein: 6.8 g • Carb: 11.5 g • Fiber: 1.8 g • Sugar: 2 g
Sodium: 262 mg (without salt)
- cooking spray
- 1 packed cup grated zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 medium onion, minced
- 1/4 cup grated reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Grate the zucchini into a clean dish towel until you have 1 packed cup. Wring all of the excess water out of the zucchini, there will be a lot of water. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway though cooking until golden. Makes
- ^ cauliflower tots (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Yummy Zucchini (pinterest.com)
- ^ Zucchini Enchiladas (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini and Mozzarella (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Zucchini Pizza Bites (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ The Two Bite Club (thetwobiteclub.blogspot.com)
This recipe has already been read 381 times!