For the Thai spice paste:
- 1 bunch coriander
- 3tbsp breadcrumbs
- Half red onion
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 lemon grass stalk, woody outer layer removed
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20g creamed coconut
- 1tsp fish sauce
- 1tsp light soy sauce
For the burgers:
- Put all the ingredients except the pork into a food processor and whizz to a paste.
- In a large bowl, combine the pork and Thai paste together with your hands.
- Divide into four balls, then shape into burger patties with the flats of your hands.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the burgers for around 12-15 mins, flipping every minute to ensure they are evenly cooked all the way through. Serve on ciabatta rolls.
By Keith Kendrick
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twist and handy tips.
This recipe has already been read 594 times!