I was asked to do a book review for the paperback book Snack Girl To The Rescue: Easy, Delicious Food for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. This book is a weight loss book as well as a cookbook, and although there are no photos, Lisa gives practical advice on getting healthy along with a bit of humor. The book has 100 recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but I thought I would try one of her snacks, because after all, she’s Snack Girl, right?
This was super easy to make would even work as a light vegetarian lunch. Next time I make this, I might even add some Kalamata olives and bell peppers. Enjoy!
Servings: 2 • Size: 1 pita with toppings • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 170 • Fat: 6 g • Carb: 20 g • Fiber: 4 g • Protein: 7.5 g • Sugar: 3.5 g
Sodium: 420 mg
- 2 small 100% whole wheat pita rounds (about 70 – 80 calories each)
- 1/2 tomato (or 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes)
- 1/2 cucumber diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp hummus, prepared or homemade
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut the pita rounds into quarters and pull them apart so you have 8 triangles from each pita. Spread over a baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 8 to 10 minutes.
While toasting, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes and feta in a medium bowl.
- ^ Snack Girl To The Rescue: Easy, Delicious Food for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (www.amazon.com)
- ^ Snack Girl (www.snack-girl.com)
This recipe has already been read 404 times!