- 200g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 150ml double cream
- 4tbsp ready-made vanilla custard
- 1 small banana, peeled and sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh redcurrants or 75g raspberries
- 2tsp cocoa powder
- 1tbsp golden syrup, warmed
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Leave until melted then remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Cool for 10mins, stirring occasionally.
- Place 6 silicon cupcake cases on a baking tray. Using a pastry brush liberally brush the melted chocolate inside the cases to coat them completely. Place the baking tray in the fridge for about 15mins until the chocolate has set. Keep the rest of the chocolate warm by setting the bowl over the pan of hot water again.
- Brush another layer of melted chocolate in the cases and chill again until set. Very carefully peel away the silicone cases and place the chocolate cups on a serving plate.
- Whip the cream until softly peaking then fold in the custard. Divide between the chocolate cups. Top with the bananas and redcurrants then dust lightly with cocoa powder and drizzle with warmed golden syrup. Serve within 2-3hrs of filling.
By Nichola Palmer
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twist and handy tips.
This recipe has already been read 283 times!