Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
This recipe is quick and easy and makes a deliciously healthy light fish lunch or main meal. You can use any type of fish fillet such as cod, haddock or pollock so the recipe can be as costly or inexpensive as you like. Serve the fish with extra vegetables, a simple salad or sauté potatoes – delicious. The tomatoes add a rich flavour to the fish which works extremely well with the garlic and tangy olives. Sprinkle with spring onions and serve this fish with new potatoes and crisp, fresh salad.
You could add red peppers to the tomato mixture – deseed and cut into small pieces. Use lemons instead of limes and a mixture of fresh herbs instead of coriander.
- Preheat oven to 200⁰C/400⁰F/Fan 180⁰C/Gas Mark 6. Mix together the tomatoes, garlic, onions and olives.
- Stir in the zest of two limes and juice of one of the limes, two tablespoons of the olive oil and half the coriander. Combine everything together well and season with salt and pepper. Spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Put the fish into second ovenproof dish and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Pour on the juice of the second lime.
- Sprinkle on the remaining coriander and season with salt and pepper.
- Put both dishes in the oven and bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until the fish fillets are opaque and fully cooked and the tomatoes are softened.
- Serve the fish and top with the tomato and olive mixture. Pour over any remaining cooking juices.
By Cathy Seward
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twist and handy tips.
More cathy seward recipes
This recipe has already been read 375 times!