We’re heading into the heart of hot soup season, and this
cream of cauliflower will ward off autumn’s chill with the best of them. I’m a
big fan of the cauliflower in all forms, but this simple soup may be my
with just the soup, and wanted to garnish with something new and exciting.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t think of anything, so I decided to follow that age-old
advice which says, “when in doubt, bacon.”
tried toasting breadcrumbs in the rendered fat. Not surprisingly, it worked
very well, and the additions of lemon zest and parsley elevated things even
more. The only problem with a recipe like this is the next time I’m served a
cream of cauliflower, no matter how good it is, I’m going to be a little sad
there’s no bacon gremolata floating on top.
gremolata, but I thought it sounded kind of cool, and besides, I’ve never been
that big on respecting the sanctity of culinary terms. I was going to go with
“baconized breadcrumbs,” but that sounded a little too much like molecular
gastronomy, which is much worse.
mushrooms and a pinch of smoked paprika would be a great substitute in the
gremolata. You’d also need to add some olive oil to replace the rendered bacon
fat, but you probably knew that.
pretty amazing as well. Maybe next time I’ll skip the bacon and…oh, who am I
kidding? Anyway, I hope you give this delicious fall soup a try soon. Enjoy!
Incoming search terms:
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-quiche-recipes
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsey-quiche-lorraine-recipe
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gremolata
- gordon tamsay gremolata
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/preparation/cream-of-cauliflower-come-for-the-soup-stay-for-the-bacon-gremolata html
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-potato-and-bacon-soup-recipe