Bakewell Tarts (UK), preparation
For the shortcrust pastry: 220 g of flour 00 – 115 g of butter – 1 egg – 1 yolk – 60 g of icing sugar – 1 untreated lemon – salt
1) Prepare the pastry. Pass to the mixer the flour with a pinch of salt, the sugar, the grated zest of 1/2 lemon and the cold butter into cubes until the mixture is crumbled. Add egg and yolk e blend until the dough remains attached to the mixer blades.
2) Formed a stick, wrap it up in the film e do it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
For the frangipane: 90 g of powdered almonds – 100 g of butter – 80 g of sugar – 25 g of flour – 1 egg
For the filling and glaze: 100 g of cherry jam – 100 g of icing sugar – 40 g of sliced almonds – 8 candied cherries
1) Prepare the frangipane. Whip the butter with the sugar, unite the powdered almonds, the sifted flour and the beaten egg and mix the mixture.
2) Roll out the shortcrust pastry on the work surface to a thickness of 3 mm. Obtained 8 discs of 8 cm with a smooth pastry cutter e coated the bottom and edges of 8 muffin tins with a 4 cm diameter bottom. Prick the bottom, distribute inside each 1 teaspoon of jam e cover with the frangipani almost to the edge.
3) Cook the tartlets in the lower part of the oven preheated to 180 ° for 35 minutes, leave them rest 5 minutes, unmold them And let them cool on a wire rack.
4) Frosted the surface with the icing sugar mixed with 2 tablespoons of hot water e decorated with lightly toasted sliced almonds and candied cherries.