Gordon Ramsay made these potatoes to go along with his Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb on The F Word, Series One, Episode One.
His commies used a Mandoline Slicer to get uniformly thin slices of potatoes, but used a knife for the onion. You can use a knife or a slicer for both, but try to get the slices as even as possible.
- 1 liter chicken stock (roughly 4 1/4 cups, or just over a quart)
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 3 crushed cloves of garlic
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 large Desiree potatoes peeled and finely sliced (on a mandolin if possible)
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (392 degrees if you have a digital oven)
Bring the chicken stock to a boil and add thyme, rosemary, and crushed garlic cloves. Simmer a few minutes and strain (remember, retain the chicken stock, not the herbs). Set aside.
Add olive oil to a hot heavy pan and saute the onions and finely chopped garlic until softened and lightly colored.
Coat the inside of a casserole dish or oven safe pan and layer the onions followed by the potatoes. Continue alternating potatoes and onions until finished. Don’t forget to season each layer with salt & pepper as you go.
Pour the chicken stock from earlier over the potato mixture until it’s about 2/3rds full. Press down on the mixture to help the potatoes absorb as much stock as possible. Drizzle a little olive oil on top.
Bake in the oven for approximately 20 – 25 minutes or until soft and golden on top.
- ^ Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb (gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ F Word (www.amazon.com)
- ^ Mandoline Slicer (www.amazon.com)
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay mashed potatoes recipe
- gordon ramsay mashed potato recipe
- gordon ramsay garlic mashed potatoes
- gordon ramsey mashed potatoes
- garlic mashed potatoes gordon ramsay
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/preparation/gordon-ramsays-potatoes-boulangere-recipe-from-the-f-word html
- mash potatoes gordon ramsay
- gordon ramsay garlic mashed potatoes recipe
- gordon ramsay mashed potatoes olive oil
- boulangere potatoes gordon ramsay