Thick slices of bread dipped in a cinnamon spiced batter, fried in butter until golden and served with a delicious warm chocolate-flavoured maple syrup this is the ultimate sweet treat for breakfast or brunch. Use a chunky farmhouse loaf and make sure the slices are quite thick – if they’re too thin the bread will soak up too much of the batter and go a bit mushy. Slices of sweetened brioche bread can be used instead of white bread but omit the sugar from the batter. For a lighter dish serve the toast with natural yoghurt instead of chocolate syrup.
Scatter over a handful of blueberries, raspberries or sliced strawberries instead of the sliced bananas, if liked.
- Place the eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk together thoroughly. Whisk in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip the slices of bread in the egg mixture making sure they are completely coated. Heat a large knob of butter in a heavy-based frying pan until foaming and add the soaked bread slices. Fry for 1-2mins on each side until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place the maple syrup and chocolate in a small and heat gently, stirring, until the chocolate has melted into the syrup.
- Serve the French toast topped with the sliced bananas and drizzled with the warm chocolate syrup.
By Nichola Palmer
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twist and handy tips.
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay french toast
- french toast gordon ramsay
- gordon ramsay french toast recipe
- french toast recipe gordon ramsay
- gordon ramsey french toast
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsays-french-toast
- ramsay french toast
- french toast gordon ramsay recipe
- french toast ramsay
- how to make french toast gordon ramsay