Gordon’s Lemon Treacle Slice Recipe
Gordon Ramsay made this sticky, sweet treat for Caffé Nero with the help of some prisoners in Gordon Behind Bars.
Makes 8-10 bars
For the base
300g digestive biscuits
For the topping
For the glaze
To make the base, pre-heat the oven to 160oC, fan 140oC, gas mark 3.
Place the biscuits in a food processor and blend until you have a smooth crumb.
Melt the butter, then stir into the biscuits. Press the biscuit mixture firmly into the base of a 20cm square tin which has been lined with baking parchment. Allow to chill for at least half an hour.
To make the topping, put the golden syrup into a saucepan along with the butter and allow to melt gently without boiling.
Once the base has cooled, spread the lemon curd onto the base. Pour over the breadcrumb filling and then place into the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into rectangular slices.
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay lemon curd
- treacle tart recipe gordon ramsay
- lemon treacle slice
- gordon ramsay treacle tart
- lemon treacle tart gordon ramsay
- gordon ramsay lemon treacle tart
- gordon ramsay lemon curd recipe
- gordon ramsay lemon treacle tart recipe
- gordon ramsay lemon treacle slice recipe
- lemon treacle slice recipe