Sweet yellow beets, arugula, goat cheese and sauteed scallops tossed with a honey vinaigrette – this salad is delicious!
A day trip out East inspired this wonderful salad. We spent the day out in Riverhead, Long Island and stopped to eat at a quaint little restaurant overlooking the river called Farm Country Kitchen. I ordered the scallop and beet salad that was sooo good, I knew I had to recreate it. Sea scallops are really easy to make and take only minutes to prepare. You can use precooked beets to make this quicker, but I just boiled them ahead until they softened. If you prefer roasting the beets, that of coarse would work out fine as well. Once the beets are cooked and cooled, the rest of the salad comes together in less than 15 minutes. You can easily halve the recipe if you are cooking for two!
Sea Scallops, Arugula, and Beet Salad
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 salad • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 7 pts
Calories: 271 • Fat: 10 g • Carb: 22 g • Fiber: 3 g • Protein: 25 g • Sugar: 14 g
Sodium: 494 mg (without salt) • Cholesterol: 51 mg
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced shallots
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw honey
For the salad:
- 2 cups diced cooked and peeled yellow beets* (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 12 large sea scallops (18 oz)
- olive oil cooking spray
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 5 oz baby arugula
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
Cover the beets with water in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until tender when pierced with a fork, about 50 to 60 minutes. Peel and dice into small cubes; set aside to cool.
Season scallops with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick pan on a medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, spray with oil and place scallops in the pan. Sear without touching them until the bottom forms a nice caramel colored crust, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and cook until their centers are still slightly translucent (you can check this by viewing them from the side), about 1 to 2 more minutes, careful not to overcook. Remove from the pan.
Make vinaigrette by whisking the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Toss with the arugula. Evenly divide the arugula between four large plates. Top each with 1/2 cup beet, 1 oz goat cheese, tomato and 3 scallops each. Serve immediately.
- ^ Farm Country Kitchen (farmcountrykitchen.net)
Incoming search terms:
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/beet-salad
- Gordon Ramsay Scallop Appetizer Recipe
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-hells-kitchen-beet-salad-recipe
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/hells-kitchen-scallop-recipe
- gordon ramsay baked scallops
- gordon ramsay hells kitchen beet salad recipe
- hells kitchen beet salad recipe
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/master-chef-scallop-dishes
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/receipe-for-gordon-ramsey-scallop-dish-on-master-chef-jr