Shrimp cocktail is fine, but when I want something special, I like to have my shrimp ceviche style!
Tossed with avocados, cucumbers, tomatoes, cilantro and fresh lime
juice… and sometimes I add a serrano pepper for zing. Served in
martini glasses, it’s the perfect appetizer for any special occasion and
perfect for the Holidays.
I do have a few variations of this, zesty lime shrimp
can be served as a side dish, but I wanted this to be more of a
cocktail appetizer. You can easily make this ahead, but I would add the
avocados right before serving so they don’t get brown.
If you want to make a larger dish to bring to a party, this Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad in a trifle dish is quite impressive and delicious.
Note: For food safety reasons, I used cooked shrimp. While the citrus juice “cooks” the fish, it doesn’t kill the bacteria. This isn’t an issue with raw fish, but it is with shellfish like shrimp it is. If you have access to fresh shrimp off the boat, then raw shrimp would be fine.
Shrimp Ceviche Cocktail
Servings: 9 • Size: 1/2 cup salad + 1/4 cup lettuce • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pt
Calories: 100 • Fat: 4 g • Carb: 5 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 11 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 135 mg (without salt)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 small limes, squeezed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined*
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced into chunks
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup diced English cucumber, not peeled
- 1 serrano pepper, seeds removed and minced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 lime cut into wedges for serving
- 2 1/4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
In a large bowl combine shrimp, avocado, tomato, cucumber, serrano pepper. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Fill nine martini glasses with shredded lettuce. Top each with 1/2 cup shrimp salad and garnish with a sprig of cilantro. Serve with a wedge of lime.
Makes 4 1/2 cups.
*Weight after shrimp has been peeled.
- ^ zesty lime shrimp (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay appetizers
- gordon ramsay appetizer recipes
- gordon ramsay appetizer
- gordon ramsay ceviche
- gordon ramsey appetizers
- appetizers gordon ramsay
- ramsay appetizers
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-ceviche-recipe
- gordon ramsay recipes appetizers
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/best-appetizers-gordon-ramsay