Puff pastry bundles with taleggio cheese, onion and radicchio, the preparation
1) Cut the radicchio à julienne, remove the harder white part, then cut the onion always with the same technique. And finally the apple in small cubes that you will put in water with some lemon so as not to lose its properties and not to turn black.
2) Now is the time of the bechamel. Boil the milk, add salt and flavor with nutmeg. Prepare a roux, the basic base of white sauces, based on melted butter and flour. Add the milk and turn until boiling resumes.
3) Put to soak the raisins and toast the pine nuts.
4) It is time to cook the filling. In a saucepan, put a drizzle of oil and the onion. Let it dry, then add the radicchio and finally the apple. Cook until everything is soft, salt, pepper and blend with balsamic vinegar. Finally, add raisins and pine nuts.
5) Cut the taleggio into cubes.
6) Roll out the puff pastry, pull it lightly with a rolling pin and then cut it into squares of 8/10 cm per side.
7) Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with breadcrumbs: this is used to create an insulation between the filling and the pasta (technique used to prepare apple strudel).
8) With the help of a pastry bag create the bundles: add the béchamel, then the stuffing and finally the taleggio.
9) Close the bundles lifting the four points and joining them. Brush with egg yolk and bake a oven hot 200 ° for about 20 minutes. You can also make smaller bundles to serve as an aperitif.