Beetroot cinnamon rolls, the preparation for 32 pieces
For the dough: 1 sachet of dry yeast (7 g) – 140 g of pureed beetroot pulp – 1 egg – 150 g of Greek yogurt – 110 g of cane sugar + 1 teaspoon – 60 g of cold melted butter + the one to grease the bowl – grated rind of 1 untreated orange – 1 teaspoon of salt – 450 g of wholemeal flour – 260 g of spelled flour + flour for the work surface
To fill: 70 g of melted butter – 180 g of brown sugar + 2 tablespoons for sprinkling – 1 heaping tablespoon of ground cinnamon – 1 heaping teaspoon of powdered ginger
1) Prepare the dough. Put the teaspoon of sugar and 60 ml of warm water in a large bowl (or in the bowl of the mixer), melt the yeast e let it rest for about 5 minutes until the mixture begins to foam.
3) United just over half of the two flours mixed And keep on work the dough with the whisk and then with the spatula (if you use the planetary mixer, replaced the whisk with the dough hook); unite gradually the remaining flour mixture and knead the dough for 5 minutes until it forms a ball.
4) Transfer the mixture obtained on the floured work surface e work it for 10 minutes until smooth, elastic and homogeneous. If the dough sticks to your hands, unite a few more tablespoons of spelled flour until it is no longer moist.
5) Transfer the pasta in a bowl lightly greased with butter, cover it with cling film and let it rise in a warm place with no drafts for about 2 hours, until it has almost doubled in volume.
6) Stuffed the pasta. In a bowl jumbled up sugar with ginger and cinnamon. Resume the dough and divide it into 2 equal parts. Roll out each part in a rectangle of about 33×50 cm.
7) Brush the surface of the rectangles with 2/3 of the melted butter sprinkle it with flavored sugar leaving free an edge of about 2 cm. Roll up each rectangle starting from the long side; cut the two cylinders thus prepared in diagonal slices of about 2.5 cm thick, in order to obtain a total of 32 rolls.
8) Divide the discs on the trays leaving them spaced at least 2 cm apart, cover them and let them rise for 30 minutes; brushed the surface with the remaining butter e sprinkle it with little sugar. Bake each pan for about 15 minutes until the rolls are lightly browned.