It makes a great big bowl, big enough to feed a crowd so it’s perfect to bring to a picnic, potluck or to serve at a backyard BBQ. This is easy enough for anyone to make – if you can use a knife, you can make this salad. The bananas are added just before serving so they don’t turn brown.
Fruit salad always makes me think of my Dad, when I was younger he made a great big bowl of fresh fruit salad just about every night. It’s the perfect dessert because it’s all natural, made with nothing but fruit – it doesn’t get cleaner than that!
In my past life I must have lived on a tropical island somewhere; the climate, blue oceans, palm trees, and sweet tropical fruit are my idea of a perfect world. Thank goodness we can get papayas, mangoes, coconut and pineapples here in the states, but there are still so many tropical fruits I’d love to see a lot more tropical fruit imported here one day such as fresh guanabana (sour sop) guava or passion fruit (maybe I need to get on a plane to somewhere tropical really soon).
Fruit salad is naturally low-fat, low-sodium, gluten-free, vegan, paleo friendly, clean-eating dish you can serve for brunch, snack or dessert. Yes, there is sugar in fruit, but it’s natural and unprocessed, and loaded with vitamins, antioxidants, phytonutrients and fiber. Unless you have to watch your sugar for health reason, the USDA suggests you eat about 1-1/2 to 2 cups of fruit a day.
Tropical Fruit Salad Recipe
Servings: 10 • Size: 1 1/3 cups • Old Points: 2 • Weight Watcher Points+: 0 pt
Calories: 116 • Fat: 1 g • Carb: 28 g • Fiber: 3.5 g • Protein: 1 g • Sugar: 20 g
Sodium: 4 mg • Cholest: 0
- 1 papaya, peeled and diced 3/4-inch cubes (5 cups)
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced 3/4-inch cubes (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and diced reserving the juice 3/4-inch cubes (4 cups)
- 2 large bananas, peeled and diced 3/4-inch cubes (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut, for garnish
Just before serving, add the bananas and garnish with fresh coconut.
Makes 13 1/2 cups.
- ^ USDA (www.choosemyplate.gov)
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsay fruit salad
- gordon ramsay spicy fruit salad
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-spicy-fruit-salad-recipe
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-tangy-fruit-salad
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-spicy-fruit-salad-recipe#:~:text=Combine the papaya, mangoes, and and garnish with fresh coconut
- How does Gordon Ramsay make a fruit salad?
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-spicy-fruit-salad-recipe#:~:text=Directions: and garnish with fresh coconut
- gordon ramsay salade de fruits
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsey-fruit-salad
- spicy fruit salad gordon ramsay