Traditional green pesto is a versatile staple to any cook’s fridge. Red pesto is a great alternative; it’s sweeter and makes a great accompaniment for any pasta. This tagliatelle recipe can be whipped up and on the table in a super speedy 20mins and is sure to be a favourite with kids and adults alike. A clever tip is to freeze any leftover pesto in ice-cube trays; great for adding extra flavour to sauces, stews and even as a bruschetta topping
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Another way to make red pesto is to use jarred pimento red peppers instead of sundried tomatoes. Or if you have the time, roast your own peppers in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil until very soft
- 400g tagliatelle pasta
- 100g sundried tomatoes
- 30g fresh basil leaves
- 50g almonds
- 60g parmesan, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves
- 100ml olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain, reserving a cup of the cooking water. Set aside.
- In a food processor, whizz up all pesto ingredients until smooth. Add the pesto to the pan and stir through the pasta, adding a little of the reserved water if needed. Serve immediately with a fresh grating of parmesan.
By Sophie Rae
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
Party food face-off
What do you head for first on the buffet table? Sausage rolls or cheese straws?
62% 450 votes
38% 450 votes
Incoming search terms:
- gordon ramsey red pepper pesto
- gordon ramsy pesto rosso
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/chef-ramsey-pesto-sauce
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsey-sundried-tomato-pesto
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/tagliatelle-pasta
- pesto genovese ramsey
- pesto rosso pimento
- pesto sauce recipe gordon ramsay