I was on a cruise a few weeks ago aboard the Norwegian and one of the meals I ordered more than once was the Flounder Milanese. I was able to recreate a lighter version of that meal; rather than deep frying it, I generously sprayed the fish with olive oil and pan sauteed it until golden. I love everything about this dish, it’s light, quick and satisfying all for under 225 calories. You can use any white fish fillet you wish, and if you rather make this in the oven, I would broil it instead. Hope you enjoy!
Flounder Milanese with Arugula and Tomatoes
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 filet • Old Points: 4 • Weight Watcher Points+: 5 pt
Calories: 220 • Fat: 4 g • Carb: 13 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 33 g • Sugar: 2 g
Sodium: 476 mg (without salt) • Cholest: 77 mg
- 4 (4 oz each) skinless flounder filets
- pinch kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 medium vine ripe tomato, diced small
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- olive oil spray (about 1 tbsp worth)
Season fish lightly with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, combine the arugula, tomato, olive oil and the juice from half of of the lemon. Season with salt and pepper, toss and set aside. Slice the other half of the lemon into 4 slices or wedges to serve with the fish.
In a shallow bowl, beat the egg whites. Place the bread crumbs in another dish. Dip each fish filet in the egg whites, then bread crumbs.
Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Spray a generous amount of olive oil spray on one side of the fish, and lay it in the pan, oil side down. Spray the other side of the fish generously to coat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until the crumbs are golden and the fish is opaque and cooked through.
Incoming search terms:
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsey-flounder-recipe
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsey-flounder-recipe#:~:text=Heat a large saute pan is opaque and cooked through
- gordon ramsay flounder recipe
- flounder gordan ramsay
- godron ramsey flunder
- Gordon ramsay flounder
- gordon ramsey flounder recipe
- grilled flounder recipe gorson ramsay