Fresh cut vegetables served in individual shot glasses with your favorite dressing makes for an easy, healthy, elegant appetizer. No double dipping!
Think color and use your favorite vegetables; raw zucchini or celery would also be great. These are also kid friendly, my daughter loves bell peppers, carrots and cucumbers.
Of course, you can buy store bought dressing to save time, but whipping up a batch of your own is easy. You can make the dip and cut the vegetables ahead of time, then assemble when you are ready to serve it. If you are serving vegans or dairy free diets, swap the ranch dip for hummus!
If you’re heading to a Holiday party and are worried about over-eating, bring these veggie shooters and skip the chips!
Veggie Shooters (Crudites with Skinny Ranch Dip)
Servings: 11 • Size: 1/4 cup dip with vegetables • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pts
Calories: 73 • Fat: 2 g • Carb: 10 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 4 g • Sugar: 4 g
Sodium: 331 mg
For the skinny ranch dip:
- 3/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 3/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Hellman’s light mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives or dill
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup 1% low fat buttermilk
For the crudites:
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large English cucumber, cut into strips
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into strips
- 11 baby arugula leaves for garnish
- 11 shot glasses
To make the dip: In a small bowl combine the sour cream, yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic, powder, onion powder, parsley, chives, salt, and cracked pepper. Mix well.
Stir in the white balsamic vinegar; then buttermilk. Adjust the seasonings to taste, adjusting the vinegar as needed, the flavors will become bolder over time.
To assemble the shooters: Place 1/4 cup of dip in each glass. Place the strips of vegetables in each glass and serve cold.