Garlic bread is always popular to serve with barbecued or grilled meats as well as pasta dishes and takes minutes to make. We’ve used French bread in this recipe but you can also use ciabatta bread or even crusty rolls. Any leftover garlic butter can be dotted on cooked vegetables such as carrots and green beans or served on steak just before serving.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
You can make this butter a few days in advance, wrap it tightly in cling film until needed. It can also be frozen, but don’t store for more than 1 month as garlic can develop a stronger flavour if kept for too long
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 100g salted butter, softened
- 3tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 loaf French bread
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark .
- Mix the garlic into the softened butter with the parsley.
- Cut the French stick into slices, without cutting right through the bread. Spread the butter in between each slice, then wrap the bread in a sheet of foil and bake for 10-15 mins until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.
By Nichola Palmer
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
Party food face-off
What do you head for first on the buffet table? Sausage rolls or cheese straws?
60% 531 votes
40% 531 votes