Flapjacks are a great mid-morning snack that gives you lots of slow-release energy to help keep you full up until lunch. These flapjacks are really healthy as they contain no butter and if you use honey, only natural sugar. By adding some extra spices and dried cranberries, you can give your usual flapjacks a Christmas twist. The mixed seeds also give the flapjacks a nice crunch. You could make these tasty flapjacks as a quick and inexpensive Christmas food gift, or use them to give yourself fuel ready for Christmas shopping!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Flapjacks keep really well. Once cut and cooled, store in a tin for up to two weeks.
- 320g porridge oats
- 80g mixed seeds (any combination of sesame, sunflower, pumpkin, hemp or linseeds)
- 40g dried cranberries
- 40g dried figs, chopped with scissors
- 80g raisins
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 185ml honey or golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4 and line a 20x25cm tin with greaseproof paper.
- Put all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Measure the sunflower oil and honey or golden syrup into a measuring jug. Warm in the microwave for 30 seconds before pouring over the dry ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and press down well, neatening off the edge if it doesn’t quite reach the end of the tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the oats are golden. Leave to cool in the tin before turning out and cutting into 16 squares.
By Jolene Lynch
Cooked this? Upload a picture to our Facebook page
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
Loved this recipe? Try these too!
What’s your budget to spend on food and drink for Christmas this year?
- £151+ 23%
- £101-£150 16%
- £71-£100 11%
- £51-£70 10%
- £31-£50 12%
- Less than £30 10%
- I don’t know yet 7%
- I’m not setting a budget 11%
Thanks, your vote has been counted!
Incoming search terms:
- healthy flapjack recipe no butter
- flapjack recipe without butter
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/tag/gordon-ramsay-flapjack-recipe
- honey flapjacks no butter
- flapjack recipe no butter
- ramsey flapjacks
- https://gordon-ramsay-recipe com/preparation/christmas-spiced-flapjacks html
- gotdon ramsay flapjack
- gordon ramsey flapjacks
- flapjacks gordon ramsay