Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Skill level: Easy peasy
Dense and truffley in texture, these brownies are finished off with a lightly fluffy topping of marshmallows and a drizzle of chocolate sauce for extra indulgence. Deliciously chocolately, this easy recipe will make an impressive dessert
- 100g 70% cocoa chocolate
- 130g unsalted butter
- 350g dark brown sugar
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 130g self raising flour
- 100g mini marshmallows
- Chocolate sauce to drizzle
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm rectangular cake tin with baking parchment. Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl; add the butter and set over a saucepan of barely simmering water until melted. Remove from the water, stir in the sugar; cool for 10 mins.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs to make a thick glossy mixture. Sift the flour on top and carefully fold the ingredients together until well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared tin, smooth the top and bake in the oven for about 30 mins until the mixture is risen, has a slight crust yet is still slightly soft underneath. Scatter or arrange the marshmallows on top and leave the brownies to cool in the tin.
- To serve, slice into 15 portions and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
By Kathryn Hawkins
What do you think of this recipe? Leave us your comments, twist and handy tips.