Chicken cutlets stuffed with spinach, feta and ricotta, then breaded and baked to perfection!
I love making stuffed chicken breast as many as you probably figured out by now. You can stuff chicken with just about anything, and leftovers can be frozen and reheated for your very own homemade frozen meals which are so much better than store bought.
I first experimented with this spinach-feta version back in 2010, and we loved it. My photos were pretty awful back then, so today I decided to make them over! I also changed the recipe slightly to make them easier. Anyone can make these, there are no toothpicks required and the prep time is fairly quick. I served this with a great big salad on the side, but you can also serve it with couscous, rice or quinoa.
You may also like some of my other stuffed chicken breast recipes, Buffalo Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Roasted Red Pepper and Prosciutto, Zucchini and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Prosciutto and Cheese, and my husband’s favorite, Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana.
And last but not least, Better Homes & Garden’s asked me to guest post for their blog, Delish Dish this month. Today I shared my first post: Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken and Lentil Stew. Please stop by and say hello!
Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Servings: 8 • Size: 1 roll • Old Points: 3 • Weight Watcher Points+: 4 pt
Calories: 169 • Fat: 5 g • Carb: 8 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 25 g • Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 177 mg (without salt) • Cholest: 31 mg
- cooking spray or oil mister
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and juice squeezed out
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fat free ricotta
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt and pepper, plus more to taste
- 8 thin skinless chicken breast cutlets (1.5 lbs total)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large baking sheet with spray.
Heat the oil a medium sauté pan. Add onions, garlic and scallions and
sauté about 1 minute. Add spinach, parsley, dill, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and
pepper and cook another minute or until heated through. Remove from heat
and mix in the feta and ricotta cheese.
Season chicken lightly with more kosher salt and pepper to taste.
about 1/4 cup of spinach mixture in the center of the chicken and roll,
then lay the chicken seam side down on a platter or piece of wax paper.
Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Whisk the egg and water together in a small bowl with a pinch of salt. Place the breadcrumbs in another bowl.
Dip the chicken rolls into the egg wash, then into the breadcrumbs and
place seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remainder then
lightly spray to top of the chicken with cooking spray. Bake about 25
minutes or until cooked through.
- ^ Buffalo Stuffed Chicken Breasts (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Roasted Red Pepper and Prosciutto (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Zucchini and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Chicken Cordon Bleu (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Prosciutto and Cheese (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana (www.gordon-ramsay-recipe.com)
- ^ Slow Cooker Spicy Chicken and Lentil Stew (www.bhg.com)